Friday, December 31, 2010

New year goals and my sprint to the finish

Today is December 31st. The last day of the year 2010. The first decade of this century is about to end and in a few hours, and the second decade is about to start. I'm not working today, but I wanted to type in today's date December 31, 2010.  This year has been quite a year, this one really got to me, but I'm proud of myself for the manner in which I've overall handled myself.  For example, there were times I've raised my voice in talking to someone when I felt frustrated,  I don't like doing that, and times I've just kept my mouth shut, rather than open my mouth and insert foot. The times I remained quiet a few seconds to gather my thoughts and think how I should respond to show I have a little bit of wisdom and intelligence, I liked that.  I need to practice that more often.


Photo credit: grietgriet from morguefile.com

On this last day of 2010, I want to thank God for letting me wake up to see this morning. There's no guarantee or promise that I will see the close of this day, but for now I'm grateful I was allowed to open my eyes this morning.  If it's God's will, I will sleep tonight and open them to a new year and a new decade.  Another blessing that will be, to live to see the beginning of a brand spanking new year on the calendar and start fresh. Well, not really start fresh, but to continue to serve God in the best of my ability with the blessings and talents and life He puts in my body. My greatest desire is to give honor and glory to Him. My most earnest desire is to make use of each hour and each day and each month that I am alive to run the race set before me. One day will be my last day in this body, and I dream to hear the Lord say to me, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things, enter thou into the joy of the lord."  Matthew 25:23 

I'm ready when God's says it's the right time for me to enter into the joy of the Lord.  It might be today, or tomorrow, I don't know which day that may be. Only God knows.  I strive to work at being ready every day, and will continue to do what I know in my heart is pleasing to Him.  It's taken me a while, lots of years of errors, mistakes, selfishness disregard for what's really important,  but thank God for his grace and mercy,  I've gotten on the right track and now  each year I'm maturing firmly in the knowledge of the Lord. It's so satisfying and rewarding knowing it's all about Him. It's all about Him. What I am and what I do is all about pleasing Him, my Lord and Savior, Jesus.

My other goals for 2011 are to live on less stuff, and stop worrying about stuff. God is in control and will never leave nor forsake me. I know that. I need to act more like I know that. And, I want to start an email prayer circle.  Of course I have minor goals, like balance my checkbook and stop procrastinating, and cut out eating sugar all together.

I did some figuring. If it's God's will, and the Lord doesn't return, and I live 24 more years to  age 76, that will be 8,760 more days. I've already lived approximately 18,980 days. I've been a Christian approximately 9,855 days. I want my latter days to make up for the days I've squandered. I need to sprint to the finish. Lord help me. And, thank you Lord for being patient with me and giving me so many blessings every day of my life and for allowing me to serve you. 

I pray everyone take a few minutes and make your willful choice, so you know within your heart of hearts that you've chosen whom you will serve and know according to God's Holy Word, when it's your time, your soul will be called home to heaven for eternity with the Lord. No sin can enter heaven, so unless your sins have been forgiven, when it's your time, your soul will be sent to a holding place called hell, which will later be cast into the lake of fire for eternity without Him. Revelation 20:14-15

Bye bye 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment