Friday, October 15, 2010

Because of Him

       I was listening to a local Christian radio station this afternoon.  I heard the last part of one program and it was about some things people do to earn God's favor. I was listening that some people walk over glass on their knees, or go without food for weeks, or cut themselves, all sorts of things. Even sitting in church, or singing in the choir people do thinking it will win God's favor. I don't remember reading in the Bible God requiring anything like that.  Well, try as anyone may, there is nothing outside of accepting his Son, Jesus, that can earn God's favor. Nothing at all. No amount of effort, good deeds, volunteering, or money, nothing. It's all been done by Jesus and there's nothing more I nor anyone can add to what Jesus has already done. So it's Jesus, nothing more, nothing less. That's all that's required. You have it all with Jesus- life, sins forgiven, hope, and an inheritance in heaven because God will see the blood of Jesus, His Son,  cloaking your sins and your name written in the Book of Life. Then anything else you do after that should be from your heart to serve others. Just know that you don't have to keep trying to impress God to earn His favor.

       When you have the Son, you have it all. I've got a long way to improve on my Christian walk, but every day is a new day to do better serving and show that I am grateful of the mercy and grace showered upon me from above.  I like the info on this site on the evidence for God with no nonsense answers to many questions regarding the Christian faith and the Bible.

Jesus paid for our sins in full
Photo credit: edouardo from morguefile.com


Keeping my face toward the Son.

Please leave your comments below or check out my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment